Friday, January 26, 2018

Bot gead ye

Not dead yet.
Oh, oops forgot my specs ... one of these days will learn to 'touch type'.

,, And a Merry and Cheery to all  ...
in these uncertain times.

Sheesh, was trying to have a chat with a 'millennial' female ..
Erk; have you heard of the Korean war?
Mf; O, kim whatsis.
Me; No; the one before today.
Mf; O, Kim Kardashian!
Me; May your gods preserve you in your ignorance.
Mf; Fuck off, silly old pervert.

Ah, made that up .. So, what else is new ... or "newsworthy"?
Um, last year was 'charged' with the 'criminal offense' of 'misusing' a motor vehicle.
Um, think i, rang legal aid for options, explained the situation.
They told me to contact the Police Prosecution Unit for the "apprehension report".
plead 'guilty' ?? Why? Was never 'apprehended'.
If you plead 'not guilty' it will be transferred to a higher court - and you do not have enough witnesses on your side.
Um; ok.
???? think i ... was never "apprehended". Two very aggro policemen turned up on my doorstep at 6.30 pm  - two weeks after the so-called 'offence' and handed me a document 'banning' me from the pub for three days- dated two weeks ago ???

The next i know about this 'so-called' criminal offense is three weeks later - when i was  halfway to somewhere else. message on my phone .. Am at your place - your vehicle has been clamped (under setion [garbled] of the South Australian criminal code [section... garble garbl]... for 28 days.

(in the interest of facts here ... will have to say that the local plod knows me and sort of managed to clamp the wheels of one of my 'inoperable' vehicles).

Neverthe less .. still had to turn up in a magistrates Court (170klm round trip?) some months later.

First time in my life. Never made any claim on insurance. Never ... er, well ; for the past 45 years put so much as a dent in anyone elses motor vehicle  .. and here's me accused of the 'criminal offence' - aka "misuse of a motor vehicle" ... erk.

Um.  And here's me - a sort o scuffy knockabout .. thinks ..
Weeel ... i do have a white shirt parked away ... somewhere from a past life ... so; where is my 'sports coat - circa 1970'!   Oh, look; hidden in the pocket of that coat are two ties - both silk Givenchy.
Um; do i remember the 'windsor knot'?

Apparently yes. After sittting that Court for three hours or so waiting for my 'case' .. watching the 'mandatory' six month loss of licence for a mere 0 .001 over the whatever the mandatory Statute is about blood alcohol - at this point of time ... began to worry.

However ... after listening to the police prosecution persons half hearted reading of the typed version of whatever the local plods thought - based on the witness statement of the local barperson ..

The magistrate sort of .. OK : no criminal conviction: no loss of licence: - $200.00 fine - plus $160.00 Victims of crime levy.

Which i thought fair enough ...
But have never attended the Public Bar of any local Pub - since then.

5 comments:

Davoh said...

Um, had to turn up at the local "medical centre" (and yes microsoft - this is European spelling - not everything "belongs the America" wry heh.
recently ...
apparently after the age of 70 .. the local plods wonder whether am capable of driving a motor vehicle ... (not me; dingbats - focus on the 25 year olds ... grumble grumble ..)

Went to a Optho -whatsis ..apparently i need "eyeglasses" -
(apparently 'cataracts' but not yet important .. they'll have a squizz again in two years time.)

Vincent said...

Glad you got off more lightly than you feared, with integrity & honour intact. You must have impressed them.

Just money---fair enough, as you say. Warmest wishes from here in the old country, which isn't so cold as it might be in Jan. at present. May you grow old---when that starts to happen---gracefully and benignly, And may Oz treat you kindly.

Anne Johnson said...

Am I reading right that the local lawman padlocked a car that doesn't run? How can I get a cop like that on my beat?

Davoh said...

Anne .. could be cynical and say that it took vast amounts of 'baksheesh' ...but didn't ... he knew me. And knew how ridiculous this "charge" could become.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy my broken Marriage has been restored and my Husband is back after a breakup that leaded to fight, After 2 years of marriage Dr PADMAN brought a smile to my face again thanks You Dr Padman

I am very happy today with my family. My husband left me for a good 6 months , and i love him so much, i have been looking for a way to get him back since then. i have tried many options but he didn't come back home , until i met a friend that introduced me to Dr.Padman https://padmanspell.com a spell caster, who helped me to restored my marriage back again Me and my husband are living happily together today,i believed Dr Padman so much today i am glad to let the world know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back, because i am now happy with my husband. Dr padman is a great spell caster , you can contact him via padmanlovespell@yahoo.com Now i will advice any serious persons that found themselves in this kind of problem, You can contact him Via his email padmanlovespell@yahoo.com or add him on whats-app with his WhatsApp +19492293867 Website: https://padmanspell.com